Tuesday, March 29

Holy Cow! It's been awhile!

I had forgotten about this blog and then I got a comment today and thought I should probably update. I have had one injury after another since the half marathon I completed in 2009.

Being a new marathoner, I didn't know that you should stay off your feet after you finish a race. I also didn't know that you should keep good shoes on for a couple weeks while your feet heal from the abuse of the race.

Subsequently, I cracked my heal walking barefoot on my hardwood floor a few days after the race. Total bummer! Had some trouble with my foot, my knee, and my hip on and off. Then I was just getting ready to start training for another half marathon when I got tangled up with the dog on her leash and took a fall, badly twisting my leg.

For now, I don't know how bad I messed up my leg. I'll go back to the doctor in a couple weeks and get an MRI to see if I tore the cartilage. What a pain! It's pretty tricky playing mom when you can't really walk.

So even though my exercise has been compromised quite a bit in the last couple years, at least my diet is good. The down side.... turning 40 and being pre-menopausal makes it almost impossible to keep your weight down. I think the only way it works is if you can exercise. So while I might eat really well, I still have some extra weight on me. But at least it's not a lot.

I found I have some food allergies - gluten, dairy, and egg - so I eat mostly fresh stuff. It's just easier. Processed foods and prepackaged foods tend to have stuff in them that I can't eat, so I just cook fresh.

I gotta be honest, though... sometimes I just don't feel like cooking a meal. Okay... really honest? I often don't feel like cooking a meal. But if I want to eat, I have to do something, so I try to keep salad stuff on hand and tortilla chips. Cuz let's face it.... sometimes we just have to have some snack food.

Phew! That was a whole lot of blah, blah, blah while I summed up the last couple years. I'm going to try to be better with this blog, since I am constantly working on eating healthy and finding good recipes and sometimes even making some up. Maybe I'll post my risotto recipe. I have a great one that I threw together. Love, love, LOVE it!

When my leg is feeling better, I just might have to make it... :)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice site. Its very helpful site for fitness. We have also a very beautiful site for stay fitness and well as like this site. We are throwing challenge to you to give you back your fitness.
    Another very good news for Australian, that is we are going to start our new service as soon as possible in Australia.
    So, visit our site and Join with us and make your body fit by our vi freedom team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was and I am stay at home mom, when I have second child, my body become so unusual then I decide to make myself fit for me and my family.I work with ChaLEAN Extreme Workout and now after two years I become Beach body Coach. Its totally a motivation...!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Please just be polite. Thanks!!!

 

Made by Lena